Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Man v Computer!

My gorgeous wife is for ever telling me that there is bad energy surrounding me that causes all sorts of disasters to occur with anything i am involved with! Yeah sure thing i say, that is just nonsense, its just the dumb things i am dealing with! 

Let me tell you that if ever your life partner says this to you STOP, LISTEN, hire an energy consultant!

Why? because in my case she is 100 % right, read on and learn.

I could start with the hundreds of things that have broken gone missing or just stopped working when in my possession but i do not want to bore you so i will just tell you one little story about a Laptop.

Once upon a time gorgeous wife (GW) had no laptop so i arranged to buy one for her, nothing over the top but something that would perform adequately. Home comes the lap top complete with extra RAM - that promptly stopped working two minutes after i set up the lap top for GW! Back to the store, new ram inserted and back to GW who immediately decreed that i was not touch the Laptop again !  OK, so i followed here advise and things went fine until a few months later and i borrowed it to look up something on the Internet. promptly the laptop packs up and shuts down, which i now know was due to overheating, so i fixed that for GW by buying a fan board to coo the LT.

Years later the LT is still working fine but GW decides that she would now like a nice new Laptop, preferably an Apple (whoops, is that advertising?) so being the loving hubby i bought one direct off the web and due to be delivered in five days. Well, Six floods, torrential rain, three dozen road closures and two weeks later it arrives - great timing on my behalf! GW is rapt and so am i, i get to have her old laptop Yeah for me! First off i clear off all unwanted files,  remove unnecessary users and seet it up to suit me, well i should have poked myself in  the eye with a blunt straw because the laptop was out to get me, IE stopped working, my email packed it in, web sites i visit freeze up and even Face book became a little faceless when it refused to let me add my favorite footy jumper! Prior to this Skype would not work and the blue screen of death became a close friend! Why, just because, just because i am using it, just because i want the LT to do what an LT should do. Off course there is no sympathy from GW, she just reminds me about the bad energy and laughs, just a wicked little laugh but enough to make me wonder, is this just another little test?????

1 comment: